Juicy roasted turkey with a sweet and tangy filling makes this dish the perfect Thanksgiving meal to enjoy all year round. Pair with California Chardonnay or Rosé.
- 6 ounces (340g) goat cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (100g) dried sweet cranberries
- 1 cup (151g) cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2/3 cup (100g) toasted filberts, coarsely ground in food processor
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup (60g) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh sage, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon zest
- 4 pound (1.81kg) boneless turkey breast, skin on
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (204 C.)
- In a medium size bowl mix together the goat cheese, cranberries, bacon, toasted filberts, thyme and rosemary until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix together the butter, sage and lemon zest.
- Carefully lift the skin from the breasts and spread a thin layer of the seasoned butter evenly underneath the skin.
- Lay the breast skin side down and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread an even layer of the goat cheese mixture over the breast leaving a half-inch border around the edge of the breast.
- Gently but firmly roll the turkey breast into a tight bundle and tie together with butcher’s twine.
- Season the outside with salt and pepper.
- Place the stuffed breast skin side up onto a roasting pan on lower oven rack and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Turn down the oven temperature to 350 F. (176 C.) and continue roasting for 45 minutes.
- Remove the roasted breast from the oven and let rest in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Cut the twine from the roast and then carve the roast into half-inch slices.
- Place desired amount on each serving plate and drizzle with pan juices.