A delicious combination of zesty citrus and roasted beets. Pair with California Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir.
- 3 medium oranges
- 2 medium red beets, roasted and peeled
- 2 medium gold beets, roasted and peeled
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional: fennel fronds
- Peel and remove the pith of each orange.
- Slice the oranges into 1/2 inch (13 mm) thick rounds, slicing against the membrane. Set aside.
- Slice the roasted and cleaned beets into 1/2 inch (13 mm) thick rounds. (it may be a good idea to wear gloves while handling the beets to avoid staining)
- Divide and arrange the beets and oranges onto four salad plates and top with the sliced fennel.
- Drizzle the top of each salad with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each salad with pieces of fennel fronds, if desired. Serve.