Enjoy grilled grass-fed beef with asparagus and carrot salad and creamy mashed potatoes. Pair with California Cabernet Sauvignon or Zinfandel.
- 1 1/2 cups (345 g) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 (4 ounce, 114 g) filet mignons
- 1/4 (60 ml) cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Mashed Potatoes:
- 1 pound (227 g) russet potatoes, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) cream
- 1/4 cup (86 g) butter
- Shaved Vegetable Salad:
- 1/2 pound (227 g) asparagus, shaved
- 1/2 pound (227 g) carrots, peeled and shaved
- 2 medium radishes, julienne
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the tomatoes: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place the tomatoes in a medium bowl and gently toss together with 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomatoes onto a baking sheet and roast for 8 to 10 minutes.
- For the potatoes: Boil the potatoes until fork tender and drain.
- While the potatoes boil, place the cream and butter in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- When the potatoes are fork tender, slowly begin pouring the hot cream mixture onto the potatoes and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the filets: Brush the filets with the remaining oil and season each side with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Grill the filets for 5 to 7 minutes, on each side (this will achieve medium-rare to medium doneness).
- Allow the steaks to rest for 7 to 10 minutes, loosely covered, before serving.
- For the salad: Toss the shaved asparagus, carrots, and julienne radish in a bowl with the grapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potatoes and salad among four dinner plates and finish each plate with a filet topped with the roasted cherry tomatoes. Serve.