Crisp and refreshing citrus and avocado salad. Pair with California Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris.
- 2 medium Ruby Red (or any other) grapefruits
- 1 small avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 oz (57g) ricotta salata, shaved
- 1 head butter lettuce, cleaned and leaves separated
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) chives, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons (43g) shallots, minced
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons(10ml) Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and remove the pith from each grapefruit. Cut between the membrane to remove segments of the flesh.
- Gently toss the grapefruit segments, chopped avocado and ricotta salata in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Place a few lettuce leaves onto a plate and spoon a quarter of the mixture into the lettuce leaves. Repeat this three more times.
- For the vinaigrette, combine all of the ingredients, except for the oil, into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly pour the oil into the mixture in a slow steady stream, while whisking together, until all of the oil has been incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over each salad and top with sliced chives. Serve.